CONSUMER TIPS – CA – OCT 2014
- Posted by CERC India
- Posted in monthly
How to keep your glasses in good conditionA good pair of glasses can ensure your eyes are healthy, prevent headaches and enable you to go about your daily tasks with ease. Here are 10 essential tips to keep your glasses scratch-free and in good condition for a long time:
1. Always use both hands when taking them off or putting them on. This will keep the frame from bending and losing its shape.
2. Avoid cleaners with ammonia or alcohol. Your lenses have a special coating and harsh chemicals can damage them. It is better to use a solution of warm water and diluted soap instead. Use these along with a soft cloth (preferably a microfibre optical cleaning cloth) to clean your glasses daily. Never wipe dry lenses. And, never use paper to wipe them.
3. Donâ€™t leave your glasses in the Sun or in hot places like your car. Lenses and frames warp and crack quickly when exposed to heat.
4. Keep your glasses in a hard case when you aren’t wearing them. The best ones are the ones that open and close, rather than the ones you slide the glasses into.
5. Avoid putting them on your head. The hair contains natural oils that stain the lenses and the angle causes the frame to stretch.
6. Stop your glasses from slipping off your nose. Remember – glasses that slip can fall and break.
7. Never leave your glasses with the lens-side down. They WILL get scratched.
8. Have them adjusted once or twice per year. The optical technician will examine them for wear and tear, tighten any loose screws, check the fit again, and make them just like new.
9. Take off your glasses before you spray hairspray, perfume or cologne. They can damage the lenses.
10. Don’t leave your glasses just anywhere. You could step on them or sit on them. And donâ€™t sleep with them on!