Dec. – 16: CONSUMER TIPS
IRCTC gives some tipsÂ
On the occasion of Vigilance Awareness Week-2016, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) gave the following tips so that people become aware of and prevent cases of cheating/corruption:Â
While booking e-tickets
- While creating your own personal ID at www.irctc.co.in, please give correct details like name, address, mobile number and e-mail address.
- If booking through agent, book through (IRCTC) authorised Retail Service Providers (list available on the website). Always insist on receipts for the full amount made by you. Â For overcharging or any other irregularity by the service providers lodge a complaint (along with copy of e-ticket and cash memo) with email@example.com.
- Ensure that agent gives your mobile number while booking so that you get an SMS of ticket details.
- Never purchase or sell e-tickets generated from personal user IDs. It is an offence.
- For booking of meal orders to be delivered in trains/stations, use IRCTC website ecatering.irctc.co.in or phone numbers 1323 (Toll free) or SMS MEAL><SPACE><PNR> to 139 or mobile application with name `Food on Track`.
- All orders will bear the order number issued by IRCTC only.
- Lodge an E-catering related complaint on mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org.