- Posted by CERC India
- Posted in Pharmaceuticals
Five brands of sulpahcetamide eye drops tested included Albucid 10%, Albucid 20%, Andremide 20%, Locula 10% and Sulphacid 20%.
Are They Safe ?
- Five brands of sulpahcetamide eye drops tested included Albucid 10%, Albucid 20%, Andremide 20%, Locula 10% and Sulphacid 20%.
- The brands were tested as per specifications of the India Pharmacopoeia (IP). The brandsâ€™ performance was also judged against the British Pharmacopoeia (BP) and the US Pharmacopoeia (USP).
- Other than Sulphacid 20% which failed the sterility test, all the brands met the specifications of the IP, BP and USP in all the tested parameters.
- The brands were also comparatively rated on the ease of opening the lids. Albucid 10% and Albucid 20% were rated the highest. Locula 10% came next, followed by Andremide 20%.
- None of the brands carried any instructions for opening the lids either on the wrappers or on the bottles.