How to file Complaint with CERC
The complainant should first write to the opposite party and only if the complaint is not resolved satisfactorily within a reasonable time, should forward it to CERC along with all relevant documents and photocopies of bills/invoices etc. relevant to the facts and circumstances of the case.
Steps for drafting a complaint
- Complete address including contact number, E-mail; etc.of the complainant.
- Complete postal address of the opposite party, its registered and or corporate office addresses.
- Full details of the grievance and attach copies of all communication with the opposite party as also replies, received, if any.
- Please provide photocopies of all the relevant documents/bank/credit card statements in case of complaints relating to banking transactions and or credit card transactions.
- Please provide copies of bills/cash memos/guarantee/warranty papers/purchase invoice; etc.
- Please provide copies of insurance policies including details containing Terms and Conditions thereof.
- Brief about complaints clearly mentioning the stake involved.