Mar.19: CONSUMER TIPSÂ
- Posted by CERC India
- Posted in March
10 things not to do while buying a smartphone Â Â
You are excited as you are soon going to acquire a new smartphone. There are many things to keep in mind while buying a smartphone. Here are a few tips on what to avoid:
- Donâ€™t get carried away by the brand name.Â Lesser known brands may also give the same performance (sometimes even better) at a lower price.
- Donâ€™t go for the most expensive phone.Â Buying expensive phones does not guarantee great performance. Check out lower price range phones and see if they have the same features.
- Donâ€™t buy from the first place you visit.Â Different places may offer different discounts. This applies to buying online too.
- Donâ€™t buy without research. Always do a background check on the internet for the phone before buying. You may find better options and you will also get to read the reviews.
- Donâ€™t ignore older versions.Â If older models meet your requirements, go for them. They will be cheaper and you will get what you want.
- Donâ€™t get influenced by sales people.Â Sales people are given a particular quota for a specific brand which they will try selling to you. Decide for yourself what is best for you.
- Donâ€™t ignore the battery.Â Anything below 2500 mAh will not be good. Higher the number, better the battery life.
- Donâ€™t buy a phone for its camera.Â If you are a professional photographer, invest in a professional camera but never buy a phone for its camera.
- Donâ€™t get lured by advts.Â Advertisements are meant to entice people. Choose a phone for its quality and not because of its advt.
- Donâ€™t buy without setting your priorities.Â Figure out what matters most to you. If you spend the day away from home, having a weak battery will cause stress. If you like games, a small screen or poor performance will be problematic. Make a list of your requirements. Once youâ€™ve done that, youâ€™ll have a good idea of what youâ€™re looking for.