May 19: CONSUMER TIPS
- Posted by CERC India
- Posted in may19
10 ways to fight smartphone addiction
Ever wondered if your smartphone takes away most of your timeÂ and attention? â€œSmartphone addictionâ€ has become a worrying issue in this social media obsessed generation.Â Grahak Sathi gives you suggestions to fight this addiction.
- Â Buy an alarm clock – Use aÂ bedsideÂ alarm clockÂ instead ofÂ yourÂ phone for anÂ alarm. This will take awayÂ the temptation to look at your phone first thing in the morning.
- The first 30 minutes – Start your day not by looking at your phone but by doing healthy, positive things to get ready for the day.Â
- Avoid proximity –Â Put your smartphone out of your sight and immediate reach. When you cannot reach your phone, you do not think of looking at it so often.Â
- Turn off notifications – No notifications from social media means no reason to check your phone every few minutes.
- Make meals a phone-free zone – Meals are the best time to bond with family and friends so ditch your phone during meals.
- No phones in bed – The blue light from your smartphone messes with your sleep hormones. So make your bed a phone-free zone.Â Â
- Ask your friends and family for help – You might not notice when your eyes are glued to your smartphone screen, but others do. Ask friends and family to remind you to stop.Â
- Focus on real people –Â Spend more time with real people. Virtual friends should not become more important than the person in front of you.
- Take a holiday from your smartphone – Once a week, follow a no phone policy. You may even think of not taking your phone when on vacation.
- Discover a passion – Find your passion in activities like running, yoga or dance. These activities naturally trigger the release of dopamine. You wonâ€™t have to depend on your smartphone to give you that â€œhighâ€.
Â Sources: www.lifehack.org; www.inc.com; www.greenbot.com