Nov.18: IN A CAPSULE Â
- Posted by CERC India
- Posted in November
Even moderate walking leads to fat loss
Good news for obese
Overweight and obese people may find it difficult to participate in high intensity activities. But, they can take heart. Even moderate physical activity like walking can have significant health benefits. Researchers looked at the benefit of a regular, moderate walking programme, in addition to an energy-restricted diet, in a group of overweight and obese people.
Walking was found to lead to enhanced rates of fat mass loss and improved fasting insulin levels. While diet was the more potent factor to assist weight loss, exercise was important to improve a broader range of health outcomes.
Every bit of effort countsÂ
- A high-fibre diet could protect against colds and flu
- Walking may boost womenâ€™s chances of pregnancy
- Eating eggs not linked to cardiovascular risk
- Oral antibiotics may increase kidney stone risk
- Obesity a risk factor in Alzheimerâ€™s disease
- Childhood cancer survivors may develop heart problems sooner