Oct – 16: CONSUMER TIPS
10 tips for taking a perfect selfie
Taking selfies is a fun way to show the world your confidence, personality and fashion sense. Here are some easy tricks for snapping amazing selfies.
1. Find the perfect light: There is nothing worse than a photograph taken with a built-in flash. Take full advantage of natural light.
2. Tilt your head at an angle: This simple trick highlights your cheekbones and makes your eyes look bigger.
3. Extend your neck forward: To completely remove any double chin in your photo, extend your neck forward.
4. Show off something new: If you want to show off a new haircut or a new pair of earrings, make sure that you frame the photo in a way that highlights the new feature.
5. Improve your picture with an app: There are several free apps like Perfect365 and Visage Lab to make your snaps look better. You can remove blemishes, whiten your teeth, and personalize your photos with stickers.
6. Use your phone’s back camera: Instead of using the front camera, use the one in the back as it takes higher-resolution pictures.
7. Do something interesting: So many selfies feature the photographer just standing/sitting/lying down which looks boring. Smile, frown or make a silly face. Take a picture of you engaging in a fun activity.
8. Grab a few more people: Get some friends, family or your pets to take a picture with. The picture will be visually interesting for others to look at and share.
9. Mind the stick’s placement: You want the stick to be seen as little as possible. So be mindful of this in your test shot, and readjust accordingly to make sure the stick doesn’t seem like the subject of the shot!
10. Be safe: Many people have fallen victim to accidents, some fatal, while taking selfies. Take special care when you are near water bodies, animals or traffic.
Source: www.thedailyiq.com, www.wikihow.com, improvephotography.com, www.seventeen.com